THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES

Sunday, April 18, 2010

Kil Ripkin Interview


Kil Ripkin(hip hop/ soul)
A month ago, Kil Ripkin and I sat down and had a phone interview discussing the release of his up and coming album: The Balancing Act. Kil Ripkin is from Brooklyn, New York.

What is the message of your music?


Kil Ripkin
: The real message of my music is to think, think for your self, be your self, create your own freedoms. The name of My album is called The Balancing Act. Its basically just a synapses of how I perceive in general and I am saying it through my music and preprocessed that by trying to get everybody to relate to. That's pretty much it right there.

When will your Album hit stores?


Kil Ripkin:
Except a summer release.

Is Hip Hop Dead?


Kil Ripkin:
Hip Hop Can't be Dead. It dependents on what point of view you are looking at it. I do feel, I mean especially coming from that 90's era, that the energy that we had but for forth is dead but like every thing else, music evolves; even hip hop. You got new artists, that are coming in, bring new life, new energy in. So its not dead. You got different levels of hip hop for everybody. I wouldn't necessarily say its dead, I would more just say that there are a lot of just WACKASS rappers out there. They are preaching to you that its dead. But we got Kats like you, that got powerful blogs, that put forth good energy, good music; so it can't be dead if that's still happening. And I am still on the mic so it can't be dead.

HIP HOP ain't dead. Be on the look out for: The Balancing Act

0 comments: